NATyA Dance Collective
We are a group of rigorously trained dancers with extensive performance experience who meet to co-produce new work together. Originating in Open Studio sessions that have been ongoing since 2015, NATyA Dance Collective now works over the course of a full year to produce a Spring show that inspires our heart and bodies, and takes conceptual and choreographic risks. In 2015 and 2016, NDS produced Open Studio Salons that built the foundation for the current collective. In 2018, we premiered Trishul: Dancing Trident in Cambridge and Natick, and were featured at the Cambridge River Festival's Interactive Dance Stage. We are currently working on new pieces for 2019. Our ensemble is currently full, but do get in touch if you think this might be a ensemble you would be interested in being a part of in the future.
Performing in the New England Area:
NDC is available for solo and group performances in New England. We specialize in interactive programming for children and families, including educational performances that effectively translate Bharatanatyam to audiences of all ages and abilities. Our repertoire includes both classical Bharatanatyam pieces as well as familiar stories from around the world, interpreted through Bharatanatyam, and paired with English narrative and eclectic music. Our Collective we can tailor an exciting performance to fit the needs of your event. Please email if you're interested in working together to craft a special performance.
- Dance for World Community's 10th Annual Festival. Stage 3. June 9th, 2018 (20 minute classical presentation of "Sami Naan Undan")
- Schofield School, WCCC Afterschool Interactive Dance Presentation for K-5 children (30 minute interactive classical dance presentation, solo)
- Cambridge River Festival's Interactive Dance Stage. June 2, 2018 (50 minute interactive dance presentation of "Trishul: Dancing Trident). Photos here.
- Common St. Spiritual Center. May 19th, 2018. (NATyA Dance Studio's production of Trishul: Dancing Trident, with NATyA students). Photos here.
- Dance Complex, Cambridge. May 18th, 2018 (NATyA Dance Studio's production of Trishul: Dancing Trident). Photos here.
- Natick Cultural Council's Reception for Grant Recipients. The Center for the Arts in Natick. May 16th, 2018 (solo presentation)
- Ashland Cultural Council's Reception for Grant Recipients. Ashland Public Library. April 30th, 2018 (20 minute excerpt from Trishul)